EQUUS is an international weekend-long pony play event. This event is open to all styles of pony play, all types of ponies, and all of the wonderful people that take our reins and those who love us. We embrace our differences and celebrate our diversity!
EQUUS hosts the North American Pony/Trainer Leather Title. Like all Title events, this one features an auction, speeches, presentations, and of course the Title Award!
Good Luck to Handler Jenn and Tromper who are running for the 2020 North American Pony/Trainer Leather Title!
With over 25 ponies from around the world, this event was one of the biggest pony conventions ever.
A shorter summary of events and attractions for 2019 can be found below.
Meet and Greet
- Obstacle Course – Blindfolded
- Jumper Race
- Draft Horse Games!
- Trail Race
- Flag Race
- Barrel Race
- Western Reining
- Pyramid Race
- Gymkhana Gig
- Carousel Ponies
- Open Corral for general pony play
- Sunday: Carting in the Park and a Picnic!
EQUUS Presentations Friday August 19th
- 1:30 PM Workshop: Draft Horse GamesCelebrating Draft Horses! A draft horse (US), draught horse (UK, Ireland and Commonwealth) or dray horse (from the Old English dragan meaning “to draw or haul”; featuring games that highlight their unigue skills, this workshop is EVERTHING about the Draft Horse Games, course patterns, the details and nuances of the games, tips on how to do well in a game, how the games are judged at Equus IPPE, and practice runs by attendees as time permits.
- 3:30 PM – 5:30 PM Workshop: Western and Precision GamesThe Art of Precision Games, when the partnership between the Handler and Pony matters. Everything about the Agility and Skill Set of Western Games, course patterns, the details of the games, tips on how to do well in a game, how the games are judged at Equus IPPE, and practice runs by attendees as time permits. Get your fun ON!
EQUUS Presentations Saturday August 10th
- 9 am – 10:45 am Workshop: Everything about DressageLiza Sibley will explain everthing about reining Dressage, the courses, how to decode a Driving Sheet. You must attend this class to compete in the Dressage events. There will be a sign up sheet to compete in each Dressage Test level posted at the end of the class.
- 1 PM 15 minutes Presentations by North American Pony/Trainer Contestants of topics given out Friday night, followed by 10 minute Open Public Q & A
- 2 PM – 3:15 PM Workshop: Eventing GamesEventing has its roots in a comprehensive cavalry test which required mastery of several types of riding. Everything about the Eventing Games, the equestrian event where a single horse and rider combination compete against other combinations across the three disciplines of dressage, cross-country and jumping, is to measure the balance of qualities in the horse and rider. Cross-Country requires both horse and rider to be in excellent physical shape and to be brave and trusting of each other. At Equus IPPE we substitute an Obstacle Course done with the Pony Blindfolded. This workship will look at the Equus IPPE course patterns, the details and nuances of the games, tips on how to do well in a game, when form or speed matters, how the games at Equus IPPE are judged, and practice runs by attendees as time permits.
EQUUS Presentations Sunday August 11th
- 11 AM with Aaleyah from Sweden
In this class we will take a look at how anatomy affects the design of a harness, whether it be a show harness, carting harness or a harness for the sexually active pony. There are few rules you need to follow to make a harness that is comfortable, practical and good-looking, but the things you learn during this class ensures that your end product will satisfy the most picky pony player – instead of wasting that nice material you just spent so much money on.
- 1:30 PM Workshop: The Hunt for the perfect Hoofboot
Please check the EQUUS site for the most up-to-date information on this event. Tickets must be pre-ordered.
EQUUS 2019 will be on August 9th – 11th at
10914 S. La Cienega Blvd. Lennox, CA.
We hope to see you in August!