As many of you know, our governor is taking steps to open up California slowly and carefully. We have been closely following official guidelines to ensure the safety of our group during these difficult times.
Our May play date is Saturday, May 16, Noon to 3 p.m. in Kenneth Hahn Park – Olympic Forest. We feel that our emotional, mental and spiritual health it is important to gather this Saturday. There are more aspects to one’s well being than just physical safety. We need each other, we need to be seen, heard and known. We need to do it correctly and safely.
LA County has begun reopening parks while requiring visitors to practice social distancing. Remember that opportunities to visit parks depend on Angelino’s dedication to acting safely to prevent transmission. If we’re irresponsible, infections will go up and parks will be closed. When we go out, we’ve always had a high burden to represent ourselves well, so we have practice being safe and setting a good example for those who see us.
As usual we will be meeting in the grassy area of the park called “Olympic Forest,” which is past the Japanese gardens.
* Do not visit public trails and trailheads if feeling sick and/or exhibiting any symptoms of illness.
* Physical distancing of 6 feet always required. No group gathering allowed on trails or in the parking lot.
* Everyone needs a face covering at the trailhead/parking lots and on any trails where there are other groups of people nearby.
* Avoid popular locations that are prone to crowds.
* Alert trail users of your presence and step aside to let others pass.
* Bring water, hand sanitizer, and/or disinfecting wipes to wash or sanitize hands frequently.* Wash hands when leaving and entering the house, and avoid touching surfaces or ones’ face while out.
It is supposed to be nice and sunny, with 50% humidity and above 80 degrees. PLEASE do remember your masks if you come!! Also, please remember it is $6 cash to enter the park on Saturday, and a $10 donation to the LAPCC to participate.